The bustle, haste and lack of a built sequence will unbalance even the most balanced person. Therefore, it is important to know exactly where to start moving to another city, and try to build a detailed algorithm of actions. The correct trajectory of the planned training camp will help to save strength for the beginning of a new stage in life.
The first and most important stage is emotional preparation.
Regardless of the reasons for the move (job change, family circumstances, the desire to radically change your life), a decision has already been made and the point of new residence is finally determined.
At the thought of the volumes of the forthcoming activity, a light jerk and emotional panic begins. Therefore, it is important to find time to resolve your condition and create a positive attitude.
Of course, all, even the most confident people, are afraid of the unknown new life (social and climatic conditions of the city, the absence of friends). Especially if all family members (children, parents, pets) move with us - it is important to take care of the emotional comfort of everyone.
- You should not expect an instant solution to all problems from moving,
- There will certainly be some difficulties at the first time of adaptation.
Set yourself up for all upcoming changes with a positive perception of events. Set yourself and your family goals for a positive turn in life, for the opening prospects of new acquaintances, events, positive changes in fate. After all, all difficulties have a wonderful property to end.
In this video, Marina Fedorova will tell you the step-by-step stages of preparation for this process:
What do you need to move to another city?
This point of preparation for the move should pay special attention. Things, this is of course important, but there are a lot of documentary issues and formalities that must be resolved before the final departure to a new address.
- Passport: if the deadlines for changing the document come to an end, it’s better to immediately make an exchange in the “old” city, otherwise it will be impossible to carry out this at the new place of residence,
- Debts, loans, debts, fines, communal payments it is necessary to pay off before the change of registration and actual residence in order to avoid further documentary and judicial troubles,
- Collection of important documents: all passports (including foreign ones), certificates (of marriage, birth of children), diplomas, certificates, certificates, certificates and characteristics from the place of work and study of children, medical records, vaccination certificates, poles, SNILS, driver's and pension certificates, military tickets, (ideally, make more copies of documents),
- Upon arrival, try to register as soon as possible at the new address in the FMS department, re-register the car, register with the military registration and enlistment office, apply to the pension fund for renewal of documents, and attach to the nearest clinic.
Having prepared the folder with documents as much as possible and resolving formal issues before the start of the move, we provide a reduction in the probable difficulties in the new city.
And here is a list of what definitely not worth doing before departure to a new place of residence:
- To postpone the collection of things until the last days,
- Buy large equipment, new furniture,
- To make large stocks of food (in order to avoid spoiling, it is better to make purchases at the place of arrival),
- Spend large amounts (it is advisable to have money in stock, calculated for the first 2-month stay, especially when the situation with the work is not clear).
Sort items to move
- Painlessly get rid of stale things. If during the year you did not alter your skirt, didn’t get a vase given by someone, don’t put on a sweater, didn’t use a cracked pan, say goodbye to this ballast. If it is psychologically difficult for you to revise things, ask for help from a friend who does not have emotional attachment to a particular subject - he will give a sober recommendation.
- It’s a pity that we are not accepted garage sales, but there are Avito and Olks (Ukraine) - analogues of the American Craiglist - on these sites you can sell things online. I strongly recommend sharing moth-plaited rugs and wiped rugs with an animal shelter - in such places there is always a need for rags on bedding. This is a real good deed!
- If you have a craving for hoarding, it's time to treat it))). Try to do fewer spontaneous purchases. It’s good when you set yourself motivational goals - to save up money for a trip, for household appliances that make life easier.
- Remember to transfer all accounts to a new address.
Preparing things for the move
- Take care cleaning carpets and curtains before moving. I speak from personal experience - you will have a bunch of other problems after moving. I was always glad that I was not too lazy to do this in advance.
- I do not allow stale linen to remain before the move. I try brush things upthat are stale.
- Collect emergency box - with a bag of coffee, toothbrushes, a couple of sandwiches, napkins and toilet paper, a first-aid kit, a set of disposable tableware, a comb, a change of linen. I throw a clean t-shirt to myself and my husband.
- Glue the bottom of each box with tape.
- Try not to make large grocery purchases 1.5-2 weeks before moving. Free the freezer.
- Put books and all the hardest in the suitcases on wheels.
- Boxes should not be heavier than 18 kg. So you can finish the transfer of things much faster and do not harm yourself.
- Boxes with linen can be wrapped with foilrather than boxing things. This will save several hours of sorting things after moving.
- Sign boxes. Especially useful for the kitchen group: “cereals, salt, spices”, “cutlery, groceries”, and so on. But I warn you to sign “silver”, “jewelry”, “household appliances” ...
- Documents, laptop, tablet, cash, jewelry, camera, keys - I collect in comfortable backpacks and behind my husband and myself, backpacks with us go all the time moving back and forth. So I am sure that the most important things are safe and I don’t need to look for them among the heap of boxes if necessary, although this is not very convenient physically.
- You can wrap fragile items with clothing, scarves, socks and towels - a big saving in packaging space, but it is not always convenient to look for a fresh pair of socks in the next box.
- Give preference to bags, but not supermarket packages - it is much more compact and convenient. If it is possible to purchase vacuum bags - you will not regret it! Especially if this is not the last move in your life.
Correct action algorithm
To avoid the hassle, unnecessary fuss and fear of losing something or forgetting, we will approach the process of moving in a business style - we will draw up an algorithm of actions:
- One month before moving: prepare contracts for the sale of new and current housing (or leases), document the contract with the freight carrier, throw away old things or put them up for sale (for example, pieces of furniture that definitely won’t go into a new life with you),
- During the week: we pack all the things that are not needed for the first time (do not spare too much, it is better to throw it away or give it to someone), buy disposable tableware, wash curtains, bedspreads, wash carpets,
- Per day: put the remaining small things, fold the first-aid kit, hygiene items.
Moving with animals
It’s easier for the dog to survive the move if it is part of the process - do not scold her for her curiosity and interest in boxes. Speak in an encouraging voice, pay attention to the dog as often as possible, because she does not understand what is happening. Interrupt the game and walk during the training camp, do not forget about feeding at the usual time for the pet. This is a member of your family that should not be neglected.
Do not touch the dog’s things until the very last moment. A week or two before moving, go to the veto for a scheduled inspection, because after moving you will be very busy. The dog must ride with you, in no case do not leave her alone in an empty house.
Let the animal be the first visitor to a new residence. His things should be the first to get into the room. The first weeks we walk on a leash, say “home” at the door of the house so that the dog gets used to the new place and accepts it as his refuge as soon as possible. If your dog has a microchip, do not forget to update the information with the address and phone numbers. I have no experience with a cat.
Preparing a room for moving
Tear out a new home BEFORE moving. What I will write below is not mandatory, but someone will seem to be diagnosed with it at all, but my experience forces me to do each of the points - so I can be calm about the health of my family. This is especially true for moving to rented housing without a clean repair. So:
- I process the bathroom, bathtub, kitchen sink with chlorine-based products. I use gloves and a respirator. My kitchen cabinets are also bleached in places where they come in contact with dishes. This is directly related to your health, do not neglect the cleaning with chlorine before settling.
- My refrigerator is with soda and it stands open until check-in.
- Chests, cabinets, shelves, vacuuming in crevices and grooves, washing mine with vinegar (will disappear very quickly, kill other people's dust mites). I clean the sofas and armchairs with vinegar, having previously vacuumed repeatedly.
- Bitter experience taught me to process floors along the perimeter of a plinth with dichlorvos (or analogues). I clean foreign carpets on the street and also go through dichlorvos.
- If something leaks somewhere - I seal it, I twist the staggering sockets.
- I bring the stove to the possible perfection special. means, the oven is cleaned with ammonia. Foreign cutlery, including plates and cups, I soak in a bucket with a solution of whiteness (liquid bleach).
7. Ventilate the room. It is important for me to surround myself with a pleasant and familiar smell in new housing, so I take care of this in advance - a few drops of orange essential oil in chests of drawers and cabinets.
My moves hour by hour are becoming more familiar and less troublesome, and the above recommendations should make it easier for you too.
What to pack for relocation?
First you need to carefully stock up on packing material and prepare tools (screwdrivers, a screwdriver, scissors, stationery knife, markers, scotch tape, ropes).
What packaging will be needed:
- There are many boxes left in the stores - do not hesitate to ask for them, this is better than buying new ones or collecting them (30 pieces should be enough),
- Stock up on stretch film, bubble wrap, thick cloth, greenhouse film, newspapers, paper, bags,
- Prepare bags and suitcases, bags.
About a month before the planned move, the most important things to do are:
- Terminate all contracts (note - with the landlord, with companies that provide cable TV, telephone, Internet, etc.) so that you will not be required to pay money for services in a new apartment that continue to be provided in the old one under existing agreements.
- Take out everything you don't need in the trash , and everything that can interfere with the new owners.
- Clearly define the date of the move , conclude an agreement with the respective carrier company and inform those who will help you with moving to new housing.
- Sell furniture (clothes, washing / sewing machine, other things) that you don’t want to take with you, but which still look pretty decent. It’s better not to set high prices so that later you don’t have to leave these things in your old apartment for free. It is better to let them “fly away” at a modest price than no one will buy them at all. And remember: if you have not used a thing for more than six months, then you do not need it - feel free to dispose of it in any convenient way.
Notepad - an indispensable assistant
Make a low-cost investment in the upcoming relocation process - buy a notepad (or notebook). This homemade organizer will save not only time but also nerves.
In it, fix:
- action algorithm
- list of important cases
- list of documents to be prepared,
- information about the new location,
- amount of expenses
- Packed list
- important addresses in the new city and phone numbers of people who can be contacted for help at first.
A week before the move:
- We pack all the things that you will not need in the near future.
- Throw away the excess.
- We begin to sort things, products and furniture in the kitchen.
- We buy disposable plates / forks to calmly remove all dishes from the kitchen.
- We connect the Internet in a new apartment, so that on the day of the move frantically do not ring up the company for this purpose, running between the boxes with a useless router.
- We clean carpets and wash curtains (save yourself energy in a new place), as well as remodel things that require it.
- We do a general cleaning in the new apartment so as not to waste time on this after moving.
The day before the move:
- We send children to the grandmother (friends).
- Defrost the refrigerator.
- We deal with the keys to old and new housing (mailboxes, garages, gates, etc.).
- We take the readings of the counters (approx. - photograph).
- We collect the remaining things.
7 secrets to preparing for moving that will make your life and your camp easier
- Audit. Moving is a great way to get rid of excess trash. Starting to sort things to pack them for moving, immediately put a large box “for release” or “give it to neighbors”. Surely, you have things (clothes, tiles, lamps, toys, etc.) that you do not need in the new apartment. Give them to the needy and don’t drag extra rubbish into a new apartment. Toys can be returned to the orphanage, decent things can be sold on the corresponding sites, and old blankets / rugs can be taken to a dog shelter.
- Box with documents. We collect it especially carefully so that on the day of the move we take with us to the car. Lay out all the documents that you have in folders, mark and put them in one box. Naturally, you need to do this not the day before the move.
- Box "1st need." So we mark it. After moving, you can easily find a first-aid kit, toothbrushes and toilet paper, a set of replaceable clothes for each family member, the most necessary products (sugar, salt, coffee / tea), towels, pet food and other important things.
- Box with valuables. We put all our gold and diamonds here, if any, and other valuable items that are expensive or have other personal value for you. This box should also be taken with you (do not shove it into a common "pile" in the truck, but take it with us to the salon).
- Disassemble the furniture. Do not rely on luck and do not be too lazy to take it apart, so as not to cry over a torn sofa, a broken table and chips on a rare chest of drawers. It makes no sense to disassemble and drag old furniture from particleboard - just distribute it to your neighbors or leave it near the trash (who needs it, he will pick it up).
- Do not make large purchases the week before moving. Do not do food stocks either - this is overweight and space in the truck. It is better to replenish bins in a new place.
- Cook on the eve of relocation (there will be no time to cook!) and pack it in a cooler bag. Nothing is more inspiring in a new place after moving than a delicious dinner.
Therefore, we start with boxes and other items for a comfortable moving:
- Looking for or buying cardboard boxes (preferably durable and with holes for easy carrying). Most often, boxes are given free of charge in hypermarkets or local stores (ask store administrators). Estimate the volume of your belongings and take boxes corresponding to this volume. On average, about 20-30 large boxes leave for packing things from a 2-room apartment in which a large family lives with pets. It is not recommended to take giant boxes - they are inconvenient to carry and difficult to lift, in addition, they often tear under the weight of things.
- Do not spare money for a wide high-quality adhesive tape! You will need it in large quantities, and not just to seal the boxes. And preferably with a dispenser, then the work will go multiple times faster.
- Также вы не обойдетесь без картонных «прокладок» (газет, упаковочной бумаги), бечевки, обычной тянущейся тонкой пленки и пачки прозрачных пакетов.
- Специальную пленку с «пупырышками» that everyone likes to click so much, we buy in large quantities.
- Multi-colored markers and stickers will not interfere.
- For packing furniture you will need a dense fabric (old sheets, curtains, for example), as well as a thick film (as for greenhouses).
- For heavy things we allocate bags and suitcases (their boxes may not stand), or we place the weights in small and strong boxes, after which we carefully fix with tape and twine.
General work plan:
- We reinforce all the boxes with good adhesive tape, paying particular attention to the bottom of the container. You can also make pens out of it, if there are no holes on the boxes themselves (or make these holes yourself with a clerical knife).
- Allocate a separate room (or part of it) for packed items.
- We buy a notebook for records, where there will be all the information on bills, loaders, counters and things themselves.
But if this is not possible, then use the "reminder" on moving with pets:
- Do not swear at pets. For them, moving by itself is stress. Their attention to things and boxes is quite natural. Do not swear or scream. Do not forget that they themselves will not feed.
- For the time of gathering and running around with boxes, select something for the young animals that can distract them - A separate box for cats (they love them), toys, bones for dogs.
- In advance (in a couple of weeks), resolve all issues with the veterinarian, if any. Update the information on the chip (approx. - phone, address).
- For transportation of fish: transfer water from the aquarium to a bucket with a vented lid (transplant the fish there), and transfer the vegetation from it to another container, adding the same water. Lay out the soil in packages. The aquarium itself - rinse, dry, wrap with "pimply" film.
- For transporting birds: we wrap the cage with cardboard, and on top with warm and dense matter (birds are afraid of drafts).
- Rodents can be transported in their native cages , but it is recommended to insulate them if the street is too cold. In the heat, on the contrary, choose a place for transportation in which it will not be too hot and stuffy (so that the animals do not suffocate).
- Do not feed dogs and cats right in front of the road. , be sure to walk the dogs, and clean the drinkers for the duration of transportation - or if it is hot, replace them with wet sponges.
- For cats and small dogs, it is best to use hard carry. Naturally, it is not recommended to transport them to a new house in the cargo compartment of the car. The best option is to transport your pets on your lap.
And do not forget to take a couple of days off for moving and unloading things in a new place. Moving after a working day is a difficult test.
How to transport things when moving?
Reliably and properly packaged items are much more likely to reach unscathed.
Sort in size and fragility:
- Furniture: It is advisable to disassemble and wrap it with a thick cloth, or with a pimply film, carefully collecting all the small parts in a box or bag. Be sure to mark with numbers, or sign. We remove and pack the mirrors separately. If the furniture cannot be disassembled, then we fix the opening elements: doors, drawers. Upholstered large furniture with a thick cloth, wrap the film on top and wrap it with tape firmly,
- Books: in small piles and rewound with tape, put in boxes,
- Clothes and shoes: in bags and suitcases (for spaciousness, vacuum packaging will help well),
- Crockery and breaking objects: Wrap each item with cardboard, newspaper, paper, put it in a box and avoid voids (block objects with cardboard or film with bubbles),
- Linens and other things from fabric to big bags or bags,
- Technique: Wrap with air foil and in boxes (ideally put together the instructions and neatly wound wires),
- Household chemicals worth packing separately
- Oil, coloring substances also need to be transported separately.
Thinking about the safety of things, do not forget the most important thing - finally arrange a meeting for friends. Their good wishes and sincere faith in your new bright future is the first item on the list “where to start moving to another city”.