Cache is a fairly old tool. It was made part of the operating system in the very first versions of Windows. Cache memory is a system storage that makes it possible to store information necessary for RAM for some time. This tool allows the computer to access certain files very quickly, with minimal time. As a rule, in the cache memory you can find files that contain the results of many system programs. There is information on the processes taking place at present, as well as on the operation of various components of the system.
Today, there are several types of cache memory, and each of them should be cleaned from time to time - this allows you to speed up your computer. There are both manual types of cleaning and automatic (through programs).
- How to clear computer cache
- How to clean the browser
- How to clear RAM in a computer
DNS is a domain name service. This system forms the correspondence between the text name of the IP address and its numerical analogue. When a user performs one or another action, information is recorded on the HDD, and this gives the computer the opportunity to save both time and memory in the future - after all, less resources are required for repeated access. The load on the DNS server is also significantly reduced. However, a large amount of information can slow down the processes, so the DNS memory should be cleaned from time to time. Plus, this allows you to free up a lot of space on the hard drive.
So, the DNS cleaning procedure is quite simple and is performed manually as follows:
1. First you need to click "Start". Then - “Run." In the line that appears on the desktop, type: ipconfig / flushdns
2. After that, press Enter. And the DNS memory is cleared, nothing complicated.
This file stores thumbnails of images. This is necessary to increase the speed of downloading images. The mechanism for creating a Thumbnails file is very simple. As soon as the user first enters the folder with pictures, this file is formed in it (it is created hidden). It contains thumbnails of all the images that are in this folder. Such a file allows the system to spend much less time and resources on opening this or that illustration. All pictures are simply loaded from the generated small database.
Files can be deleted manually: Select Thumbs.db (in the mode of the hidden folders and files shown) -> press Delete -> confirm. However, a further visit to the folder will create the file again. To prevent this from happening, you just need to disable the option of forming Thumbs.db itself. This is done like this:
1. Click "Start." Then, in the search bar that appears, enter gpedit.msc. And press Enter.
2. As soon as a new window opens, you should get to Windows Explorer. This is done like this: you need to click User Configuration -> then Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Explorer.
3. In the next window that appears, you should find the item “Disable thumbnail caching in hidden thumbs.db files”. It is necessary to click on it with the right button. And in the new menu, click on "Change."
4. Then a window appears again where you need to select the “Enable” option. Click OK.
3) Temporary system files.
These elements (often quickly becoming unnecessary) occupy the hard disk space the most. They contain all the saved data from the Internet: changes in files, updates, reports on various errors, etc. They arise during work and search on the Internet.
To delete temporary system files in Windows there is a special tool: “Disk Cleanup”. Despite the scary name, it is harmless to all files and folders except temporary system ones. Due to this cleaning, all cached items are deleted, which allows you to free up a lot of disk space, as well as speed up the computer.
The temporary file cleaning algorithm is very simple:
1. First you need to go along the following path: Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup. When you are prompted to select a partition to clean up, you should mark “Disk C”. Then click OK.
You can also access the necessary section through “My Computer”. In the open folder window, right-click on the partition you want to clear (usually it’s Drive C), then select “Properties”. In a new window, an area with the "Disk Cleanup" button will appear, which you must click on.
2. Then you need to wait until Windows collects all the information about temporary system files and displays it on the screen. When a complete list of items that can be deleted appears, the necessary ones should be noted. Then you need to click OK.
4) Special programs to clear the cache of the computer.
In addition to manual ways to get rid of unnecessary files on the computer, there are automated ones. One of the most convenient to use, as well as multifunctional, is the CCleaner program. It allows not only quickly and without problems to clear the temporary memory of the computer, but also makes it possible to delete programs without consequences, find system errors and fix them, etc.
CCleaner can be downloaded without problems from the official website. During installation, the program allows you to select the interface language. As a rule, English is set by default, but Russian is on the list, which is very convenient.
Once the program is installed, you can start clearing the cache:
1. First start CCleaner.
2. Then, in the “Cleaner” tab, click on the “Analysis” button located at the very bottom of the window. The program will begin to analyze all files, highlighting unnecessary ones.
3. Once the process is completed, the user will see a list of files that can be deleted. Next to each type of file there will be an amount of memory that it occupies on the computer and which can be cleared.
4. Next, you can click "Clear", and the program will delete all unnecessary cache files.
- How to clear the cache on your computer and speed up your computer
- How to clear the computer cache? The main ways
- How to clear the cache
Tip 2: How to clean your computer
The computer has its own life - dust and dirt get inside together with the air, settles on parts and boards, and the heat generated “cementes” these deposits. After some time, the temperature regime will cease to correspond to the passport data and the computer will start to work worse. Owners in this situation need to clean the computer.
If you are going to clean the computer correctly, you should stock up on a piece of non-linting cloth, a few cotton swabs and a rubber medical bulb. First you need to determine what will be cleaned. The answer suggests that you need to clean the monitor, keyboard with mouse and system unit. But for effective cleaning and restoration of working temperature parameters, it is necessary to clean the computer from the inside. To do this, disconnect the system unit from the mains and remove the cover. The first dirty part seen inside a computer is a cooling fan. Rather, there are 3 of them - on the processor, on the power supply and on the video card. Sometimes an additional (auxiliary) fan is installed.
They have different working conditions and different tasks. A fan on the processor cools it and expels warm air outside the system unit. Accordingly, dust particles accumulate on the ribbed surface of the cooling system and under the cooler itself. The power supply fan, on the contrary, supplies air inward to cool the transformer, i.e. Dust and dirt accumulate and settle on the electrical winding and parts. The cooler on the video card accelerates the dust in all directions - this is immediately evident from the accumulated pieces of dirt around. In order not to damage the electronic components, we use a rubber bulb for hard-to-reach places. With it, we blow dust from all the cracks and with cotton buds carefully remove the adhering residues from the parts.
Caring for a computer should be taken as a rule and periodically cleaning the computer, for example, once every six months, since even changing the seasons brings with it different humidity in the room, and in the spring months they add pollen. In addition, gentle temperature conditions extend the life of the cooling system fans.
Why do I need to clear the cache in Android
Despite the fact that the cache stores useful data that allows applications that created them to work faster and consume less power, sometimes they can cause one significant inconvenience to the user - leading to a lack of space on the drive. This is understandable, because over time there can be a lot of corresponding files, and some of them will have an impressive size.
For example: if, say, 25 applications that are regularly used are installed on the device, then after a month the cache will most likely grow to 7 gigabytes, and possibly more. If the device has only 32 gigabytes of storage, then the presence of such a large amount of relevant data will become a problem. In the end, you will need to clear the Android cache.
Why cache flushing is dangerous
In general - cleaning the cache in android is completely safe, with one exception - you can lose unsaved information in running applications. Therefore, before clearing the cache, you need to save all the important information for you in already running applications.
The cache in the Android operating system is divided into three types:
- system cache
- application cache.
Dalvik-cache Is the data created by the Dalvik virtual machine. It stores optimized application files that are needed for faster program execution. Those, in turn, are on a special section that is invisible to a user who does not use special applications.
In the system cache stored data programs that are built into Android. In the process, the system creates files in which it writes information that can be reused.
An application cache is a repository of data that was created by third-party applications (for example, downloaded from the Play Market). It may contain: thumbnails of images, images downloaded in the browser, game files, etc.
The main ways to clear the cache in Android
The cache of the system and applications can be cleared in two ways: using the built-in utility and using one of the special programs that are available on the Play Market.
Removing the cache using the built-in utility is a safer way to get rid of the corresponding data. The system is guaranteed not to harm the files that are needed for the programs and the system, as well as user information. When working with third-party applications, in turn, you should be more careful.
How to clear cache on Android manually
Now we turn directly to the question of how to clear the cache on an Android phone.
To delete the relevant data without using third-party software, you will need:
- go to "Settings" (via the menu or curtain),
- find the “Device” category and select “Memory”,
- Click on "Cache Data"
- in the pop-up dialog box, click on "OK".
After a few seconds (the exact time depends on the amount of accumulated files), the mentioned window will disappear, and the "Available" value will increase by the number equal to the number of megabytes / gigabytes that was previously indicated in the "Cache Data".
How to clear the cache of only one application
Now about how to clear the cache on Android for only one specific application. To do this, you will need to perform the following series of actions:
- go to "Settings",
- select "Memory",
- tap on "Application Data ...",
- go to the tab "All",
- Find and select the application whose cache you want to clear,
- on the displayed screen, click on "Erase data",
- confirm the action by clicking on “OK”.
After a few seconds, the cache data for this application will be deleted.
After deleting the application data, it may be necessary to re-authorize (for example, in the case of clients of social networks). Therefore, before cleaning, make sure that you have the details of access to the account to which you are going to connect through the application.
Android applications to clear the cache
One of the most popular apps that allow you to clear your cache on Android is Clean Master. This program can be downloaded for free from the Play Market. Using it is simple:
- first you need to download and install it,
- running, you need to click on the button "JUNK FILES" ("Files in the basket"),
- on the screen that appears, you need to select the applications whose cache you want to clear,
- click on “CLEAN JUNK”.
This application can be configured to clear the cache at a specified time.
There are also other programs for cleaning the cache, for example, App Cache Cleaner, Power Clean, CCleaner and others.
App cache cleaner - An application that, in addition to clearing the cache in manual and automatic mode (with a specified interval), is also able to transfer certain application data to a memory card. Suitable for those who have little space on the internal drive, but MicroSD is installed.
Power clean Is an application that has many features. Using it, you can not only clear the cache, but also delete old files that have not been used for a long time, speed up the system, cool the processor, etc.
Ccleaner - A mobile version of the well-known application for personal computers on Windows. It has similar functionality to Power Cleaner. However, unlike Power Cleaner, its interface is better translated into Russian.
3 more useful articles:
Application Manager - allows you to delete downloaded or system applications. His responsibilities also include: search, ...
This is a powerful Windows optimization tool. The main function of the program is cleaning. It is supposed to delete temporary files, ...
Total Commander - file manager for Andorid. Through this program, you can perform a variety of actions with ...
- How to distribute Wi-Fi from a laptop in 3 clicks
- Recover files deleted from the recycle bin
2.48 MB cache data. I'm trying to clear the cache data through the settings-memory-cache ... I confirm that the cache is cleared (I click ok) and nothing happens, as it was 2.48 and it remained. Through mttelku also not cleaned. Why?
Elena, most likely, 2.48mb is the cache of system applications (the smallest possible), it is cleared only when the device is turned off.
Hello, I do as necessary for cleaning, everything remains as it is now showing 97.3 what to do ?, thanks
A cache is the information that is needed to run running applications. Try first disabling applications that you do not use, and then clear the android cache.
By the way, 97.3 mb of cache in android is not so much by modern standards.
How to clear cache on Windows and macOS
The easiest way to clean your computer from temporary files is to use a special program. For example, CCleaner, a free utility, can do this in a few minutes. It removes the cache of DNS, browsers, and other elements of the system. You just need to open the program, mark the services and applications whose data you want to erase, and start the cleaning process.
On macOS, you can also use the CleanMyMac utility with advanced features and a cool design. But you have to pay $ 40 for it.
How to clear cache in Android
Android allows you to clear the cache of all applications at once or only selected programs separately.
To delete temporary files of all installed applications, go to the system settings and open the "Storage and USB-drives" section (or with a similar name). Then select “Cache Data” and confirm clearing.
To remove the cache of only the selected Android application, open the list of all programs in the system settings. After that, select the desired application from the list, click "Storage", and then "Clear Cache".
Settings sections differ in different versions of Android. If you do not find the cache clearing function on your device, you can use a third-party program. For example, the Clean Master utility or the Android version of the same CCleaner.
How to clear cache in Google Chrome
Today, the browser from the well-known world giant of the IT industry - Google, called Google Chrome, is the most popular browser in the Russian segment of the Internet (as evidenced by the data of visitors to our site), we will start with it.
Although not often, but many of us need to clear our browser’s cache in order to receive new data from the site and to clear old data on our computer. About how to do this in Google Chrome we will tell you in detail and point by point in the instructions below. This is not difficult at all, just go a little deeper into the browser settings.
Clear cache in Chrome
- Open your Google Chrome settings. To do this, in the upper right corner of the browser, click on the icon with three dots, and in the drop-down menu, select "Settings".
- Turn on the display of additional settings by clicking on the line with the text "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the page.
- Now find the button with the text in the additional browser settings that open below "Очистить историю. " и нажмите её.
- Поставьте галочку только напротив пункта "Изображения и другие файлы, сохраненные в кеше" и нажмите кнопку "Очистить историю" ниже.
It's all. В результате ваших действий все сохраненные в кэше данные будут почищены.
Как видите, очистить кэш в Хроме довольно просто. Вы не потеряете никакие данные и историю браузера, если в последнем пункте не поставите галочек напротив других пунктов, за это можно не переживать.
Как очистить кэш в Яндекс Браузере
Yandex Browser is a product of the Russian company Yandex, based on the Chromium browser, like Google Chrome, therefore the process of cleaning the cache in them is almost identical, except for some cosmetic changes made by the Yandex Browser developers in the settings menu.
Details and points on how to clear the cache in the browser from Yandex will tell you a simple and understandable instruction below.
Clearing the cache in Yandex
- Open the Yandex Browser menu by clicking on the icon with three bars in the upper right corner of the screen, and select the item with the name in the drop-down list "Settings".
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page that opens and click the button there "Show advanced settings".
- On the next page, find and click the button with the text "Clear boot history".
- In the cleaning history window that opens, check the box next to "Files Cached." and press the button "Clear the history" at the bottom.
That's all. After a few seconds, your browser’s cache will be cleared. If you don’t put any other checkmarks, then you should not worry about losing any data, only the cache will be cleared, and cookies, passwords and other data will be saved.
How to clear cache in Safari
In the most popular browser on Mac OS - the Safari browser from Apple, by default there is no way to clear cached files in the settings, but this function is simply turned on in the advanced browser settings.
In order to clear the cache in Safari, regardless of whether you have Mac OS or Windows, just turn on developer mode once, and in the future this task will be solved with exactly two mouse clicks. More details are in the instructions below.
Clearing Safari cache
- Open the browser settings by clicking on its name in the upper left corner of the screen and selecting the item with the name in the drop-down menu "Settings.".
- In the window that opens, find the tab "Additions", to do this, click on the symbol ">>" in its upper right side, open it.
- At the bottom of the window that opens, check the box next to "Show the Development menu in the menu bar" and close the settings.
- Now an additional tab has appeared in the top menu of the Safari browser "Development". You can clear the cache in it. To do this, find and click on the drop-down menu of this tab Clear Caches.
It's all. Safari will not display any additional dialogs, a couple of seconds after clicking the clear cache item, everything will be ready. By enabling developer mode once, you can not disable it, interfere with it - it does not interfere at all, and operations such as clearing the cache, styles, images, etc. You will perform faster.
How to clear cache in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla’s Firefox browser (or FireLys in common) is also quite popular among our users, we won’t pass it by. The process of cleaning cached files in Mozilla is slightly different from the same action in other browsers, it is even a little easier. So if you do not know how to clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox, then the detailed instructions below are written just for you.
Clearing the cache at Mozilla Firefox
- Open the browser menu by clicking on the icon with three bars in the upper right corner of the screen and select the item in the drop-down menu "Settings".
- In the list on the left, open the tab "Privacy" and on the right side find and click on the text "delete your recent history".
- In the window that opens, select only the checkmark item. "Cache"if you do not need to delete other data, and click on the bottom button Delete Now.
After a few seconds, your browser’s cache will be cleared. If you did not put any other checkmarks in the last paragraph, no data other than cached files will be affected.
How to clear cache in Opera
The Opera browser occupies an honorable fifth place in the popularity rating of browsers, and the percentage of its users in Russia is twice the world average value (it became so popular with us largely thanks to the mobile version - Opera mini with a turbo mode that allows saving traffic), so we could not we pass by and him.
If you are a happy user of this browser, but do not know how to clean its cache, our detailed instructions with pictures and a description of the whole process will definitely help you in this matter.
Clearing the cache in Opera
- Open the browser settings by clicking on the corresponding item in the drop-down list of the main Opera menu, to open which click "Menu" with the Opera icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Find and click on the tab "Security" left and click "Clear browsing history." on the settings page that opens.
- Tick only "Cached Images and Files" and press the button Clear browsing history below.
As a result of your actions, the Opera cache will be completely cleared, and other files (cookies, download history, etc.) will not be affected, it is over if you did not put the corresponding checkmarks in the last paragraph.
How to clear cache in Microsoft Edge
The new browser from Microsoft, which replaced its immortal brother Internet Explorer - Edge browser. It is tightly integrated into the operating system, and the task of clearing the cache in it is somewhat reminiscent of making settings in Windows, but in fact it is solved very simply.
Clearing the cache in Microsoft Edge is no more difficult than in any other browser, and the cleaning process is more visible, in addition, Edge even reports that the cache deletion was successfully completed in a separate message.
Clearing the cache at Microsoft Edge
- Open the Edge browser menu by clicking on the icon with three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the settings column that opens on the right, find the item titled "Clear browser data" and click the button with the text under it "Choose what you want to clear".
- Tick the box "Cached Data and Files" and press the button "Clear" under him.
- After a few seconds, you will see a message stating that clearing cached data in the Edge browser has completed successfully.
As you can see, everything is quite simple and clear. During the cleaning process, you can observe the operation indicator, and upon completion, a notification pop-up for a few seconds will inform you that the work to delete the cache is completed.
How to clear cache in Internet Explorer
On all sides, morally and physically obsolete, but still used by many and favorite browser from Microsoft - Internet Explorer. Fortunately, that few of the visitors to our site (based on the statistics of visits) that still use it work on one of the latest versions - Internet Explorer 8, 10, or 11.
However, in order to clear the cache in IE of any version, the algorithm of your actions will be the same, and the instruction below will help in any case, even if you have an earlier version of the browser (for example Internet Explorer 6).
Clear cache in Explorer
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select the item in the drop-down menu Browser Properties.
- In the tab "General" (it will open by default) find the line Browsing History and press the button below it "Delete.".
- In the window that opens, check only the box next to "Temporary files of the Internet and websites" and press the button below Delete.
- As a result, at the bottom of the page you will see a message stating that the browser cache has been cleared successfully.
As you can see from the information above, the task of clearing the cache in any modern browser is solved quite quickly and simply, you just need to figure out how to do it once and in the future you should have no difficulties.